A post over on the Buffer blog runs through a lot of good data that’s been collected on timing of posts to blogs and social media. There are conflicting data, and optimal times vary with specific audiences, but a few clear recommendations do emerge:
- Thursdays are great all around.
- B2C (Business to Consumer) Twitter posts garner more engagement on weekends.
- E-mail stats vary widely according to niche.
- Blog posts are shared the least on Sundays and Tuesdays.
- Posting to Facebook anytime after dinner and before work is a long shot.